Setting up your VPN under Windows 7
Setting up TOPUKVPN.COM access under Windows 7 is simple. The following instructions go step–by–step through the creation process. These instructions work under all the client–side variations of Windows 7, namely Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, and Ultimate.
- System Requirements – Before setting up your VPN connection, make sure your version of Windows 7 is up to date by running Windows Update.
- Make sure your system is up–to–date – Be sure that you run Windows Update before setting up your VPN connection.
- Open the Start Menu – First, click on the Start Menu and type “VPN” into the search box.
- Click on the “Set up a virtual private network (VPN) connection.”
- Enter the server information – Now, enter the server information as below.
- In the text box labelled ‘Internet address’ type ‘TOPUKVPN.COM’. This is the Internet address of the TOPUKVPN.COM servers.
- In the text box labelled ‘Destination name’ type ‘TOPUKVPN.COM PPTP’. This is the name of the connection, and will show up in the “Connect to a network” screen when we’re done.
- Lastly, make sure that the checkbox labelled “Don’t connect now; just set it up so I can connect later” (hilighted in yellow) is checked.
- Then click the “Next” button.
- Enter your TOPUKVPN.COM username and password – In this screen, enter topukvpn as your username and enter latest VPN password. Optionally, check the “Remember this password” checkbox and you won’t have to enter your password when you connect to TOPUKVPN.COM.
- Then, click the ”Create” button.
- Go to the connection – Click on the Start Menu, type the word ‘Network’ into the search box, and click on ‘Network and Sharing Center.’ When the Network and Sharing Center opens, click on “Connect to a network.” When you click on “Connect to a network”, a list of VPNs pops up. Right click on the “TOPUKVPN.COM PPTP” connection and choose “Properties.”
- Edit the VPN type – When the property window opens, click on the “Security” tab. Click on “Automatic”, and change it to “Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP).
- Neworking settings – This screen shows you the network settings. You may have different items in your list. In the list of items that you see, make sure that only the “Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)” and “Client for Microsoft Networks” items are checked. If oher protcols are checked, uncheck them by clicking on the checkbox (the thing that looks like a ‘√’).
- Done with basic setup! – You’re now done with your basic setup! You’ve set up your TOPUKVPN.COM connection to use PPTP. Click “OK” to finish now, if you want.
Setting up your VPN under Windows XP
Setting up TOPUKVPN.COM access under Windows XP is simple. The following instructions go step–by–step through the creation process.
- System Requirements - Before setting up the VPN, be sure your installation is up–to–date by running Windows Update.
- Open Network Connections - First, open the ‘Network Connections’ folder by going to the Start Menu and selecting Settings->Network Connections. It may also be located in Settings->Control Panel->Network Connections. When your control panel opens, double–click on “Network and Dial–Up Connections ’.
- Start the Wizard - When the Network Connections folder opens, double–click on ‘New Connection Wizard ’. You should see the “New Connection Wizard” screen. Click the ‘Next’ button to continue.
- Select the connection type - Next, select ‘Connect to the network at my workplace ’ and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Select the connection - Next, select ‘Virtual Private Network connection ’ and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter the Company Name - On this screen, type ‘TOPUKVPN.COM’ for the Company Name and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Set auto-connect - On this screen, click “Do not dial the initial connection” and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter the TOPUKVPN.COM server name - On this screen, type ‘TOPUKVPN.COM’ and click the ‘Next’ button. ‘TOPUKVPN.COM’ is the host name of the TOPUKVPN.COM server.
- Set Username and Password - Next, we’ll set up the connection settings. In the ‘User Name’ box, enter topukvpn as username.In the ‘Password’ box, enter latest VPN password. Click ‘Save Password’ to save your password as part of the connection. That’s it!
- When you want to connect - When you want to connect to TOPUKVPN.COM, just double–click on the connection and click the ‘Connect’ button. Enter your username and password (if you didn’t save it), and you’ll connect!